Thursday 10 November 2016

Cape Town anyone?


A small apartment, like the size of a matchbox is around R 5000.00 and more in Cape Town. The sourthern suburbs, the city and going further north. This would be closer to table mountain, loins head, devils peak, Hout Bay, False Bay. To stay in these places you would have to earn 3 times the rent money. I mean, most people would love to stay in Cape Town, but once you move there you realize how ridiculously expensive it is to stay here. The place is just buzzing with tourists with money to spend living in these places. So you end up realizing to stay in a decent place you would probably have to consider sharing...I hate sharing!. The dreams of having your own apartment and the freedom of walking around naked in your own spacious place with a glass of wine remains just that, a dream. Are you going to spend most of your hard earned money on rent? Not me, because on top of PAYE, I still have to pay black tax.  

So I have decided, living in Cape Town is not worth it. Yes, its a very beautiful city, but for rich people. Because they are the ones who get to see the beauty anyway. Most of the "not well of people" have been pushed to the ''crappy places''like Bellville and the townships of Cape Town, the ''forgotten places''. Nobody visits there, because its dirty, dangerous and sad. Full of coloreds and black people...of-course!. Some of these people have lived in Cape Town almost all their lives but never even climbed the beautiful Table Mountain...what the...! 

So what a black, relatively conscious young professional like me to do?
Be mad!!!!

''But I try not to let the anger build up
I'm too high, I'm too better, too much
So I let it go...." 

Lil Wayne


No comments:

Post a Comment